Warning Signs your water heater needs to be replaced
Instead of waiting for your water heater to burst and flood your basement consider replacing it. There are some warning signs to look for that your water heater needs to be replaced.
- Tank is leaking – If the tank is leaking then it’s already too late.
- Scorched exterior – If you can see a scorched area outside the burner chamber then call us immediately. your hot water heater burner is burping out looking for air. The flame is licking closely to the gas valve and piping.
- Pilot light won’t stay lit – Sometimes this is a simple thermocouple replacement. It can also be a fouled FVIR safety system, a bad gas valve or failed thermal switch.
- Tank rumbles – When a hot water heater rumbles it’s due to sediment build up in the bottom of the tank.
- Not producing enough hot water – With electric hot water heaters this could be a failed heating element. With gas hot water heaters this could be sediment build up on the gas valve temperature probe.
With the average life span of a water heater being 12-15 years, it may be time to install a new one. Advocate Master Plumbing is the plumbing company to call when you need a Lee’s Summit, Missouri water heater repair and installation.
High Efficiency Hot Water Heaters
There are many ways that our plumbing customers can benefit from getting a new high-efficiency electric water heater. It will use less energy, which will help you cut your electric bill. They also have a longer life span than traditional tank-style water heaters. There are many types of electric and gas water heaters available. They all come in different shapes and sizes. We can help you choose the which water heater that is right for your home.
- Power vent water heaters – These are generally very similar in efficiency to your standard gravity vent style water heaters. They will usually improve your energy uses a bit.
- High efficiency power vent water heaters – If you need a high efficiency water heater and are on a budget, this will be your choice.
- Ultra high efficiency condensating water heater – Another variety of the power vent water heater, this style is so energy efficient the flue gases condensate when coming in contact with the outside air.
- Heat pump water heater – This is the newest and brightest star in the water heater world. It works on the same premise as a heat pump air conditioning and heating system. Very cool. Very efficient. Very expensive.
Hot water has become more than a luxury in our modern world. It’s a necessity. If you have a functional water heater and have seen no loss in efficiency then great. But if you find yourself needing to reinvest in your home don’t wait. I’ve seen so many people replace their water heater prior to selling their homes. Why not enjoy your investment and live with it a while before selling. So if you need a Lee’s Summit, Missouri water heater repair and installation service give us a call at Advocate Master Plumbing. We’ll give you the options so you can make an informed choice.